COMS 460 Undergraduate Seminar
- Register for COMS 460
- This course is designed to prepare you to engage in a meaningful senior project learning experience.
- You will learn how to choose a project topic and advisor.
- This course should be taken prior to enrollment in COMS 461.
- Choose your advisor
- Work with your COMS 460 professor for instructions regarding how to select an advisor.
- Ask for advice from your advisor on how to get started as early as possible.
Submitting Your Senior Project
- Download Coms Dept Senior Project Paper Template
- The cover page is required.
- You may need to download Microsoft Word to access this document.
- All Cal Poly users have access to Microsoft Word.
- To install Microsoft Word, follow these instructions.
- Add content of your paper to Senior Project Template
- Check with your advisor for any additional formatting specifications.
- Your advisor may prefer APA or MLA style guidelines.
- Digitally submit final Senior Project to advisor
- Follow your advisor’s instructions regarding how to submit.
- They may specify to send via email or Canvas.
- Some projects may include additional files (videos, music, pictures, etc.).
- Clearly let your advisor know you have submitted the final project.
- Optional: Submit final Senior Project to Library Digital Commons
- Students can make their senior project available to the public and searchable via the library.
- This is not required, but we highly encourage this practice.
- To submit your project to the Library Digital Commons, follow these additional instructions.
- Smile! You are done.
- Congratulations and good luck in all your future endeavors.
- Don't forget your Alma Mater!