Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the National Communication Association’s (NCA) official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. The organization recognizes the outstanding academic achievements of Communication Studies majors and admits members based on GPA and the number of COMS units taken.
LPH meets once per quarter and has one social, one academic/professional, and one volunteer event per year. The club also hosts other events, such as chats with our advisor. Additionally, the club hosts induction events for new members and an annual senior sendoff ceremony.
LPH members have access to:
- Participate in social, academic, and philanthropic workshops and events to build your resume and enhance your skills in the discipline.
- Honors status at graduation including ceremonial graduation regalia to wear.
- A lifetime network of 500+ chapters, COMS alumni and thousands of other students and professionals across the country.
- The opportunity to connect with LPH members and support each other academically, professionally, and personally.
- One year of free student membership with the NCA. An NCA student membership includes online access to all 11 NCA journals, steeply discounted rates for convention registration, and eligibility for both NCA sponsored awards and grant funding.
As a chapter of a national academic honor society, LPH has specific membership requirements students must meet prior to joining. Typically, this means most LPH members can join starting around their junior year. Specific membership requirements are noted below:
- Completed 90 quarter college credits overall.
- At least an overall 3.0 Cal Poly GPA.
- Completed 18 quarter credits in Communication Studies (at Cal Poly or at another institution).
- Cal Poly COMS GPA higher than 3.25.
- $45 (which gives you a LIFETIME membership and networking opportunities).
How to Join LPH
- Interest Form. Fill out the LPH Interest Form by the fall or winter recruitment deadline.
- Fall recruitment deadline: December 1.
- Winter recruitment deadline: March 1.
- Eligibility. An LPH representative will notify you by the end of the fall or winter quarter to confirm your eligibility to join LPH.
- Application. Complete the LPH application materials & submit $45 membership dues.
- Induction. Participate in the annual spring induction ceremony.
Get Involved in LPH Leadership
|Planning & Events Chair
|Member at Large
|Dr. Leslie Nelson